Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ask Engadget: can I connect a WiFi reversing camera to my car?




Engadget RSS Feed





Ask Engadget: can I connect a WiFi reversing camera to my car?



Ask Engadget can I connect a reversing camera to my car



We know you've got questions, and if you're brave enough to ask the world for answers, then here's the outlet to do so. This week's Ask Engadget inquiry is from William, who wants to make sure his new whip fits into all of the small spaces. If you're looking to ask one of your own, drop us a line at ask [at] engadget [dawt] com.






"I've recently bought a new car and would like to install a reversing camera. Is it possible to install one that'll relay to my Android tablet rather than buying a dedicated display? Many thanks!"




Well William, we were originally a little bit skeptical but we did find reports of at least one device that might solve your problem. Valeo produces the Wireless Vue, a WiFi reversing camera that hooks up to smartphones and tablets. So far, so good, right? Well, unfortunately while the product's said to exist, we've not been able to find it available for sale either in the US or Thailand, where William is from. As such, this week's Ask Engadget is a two-pronged encounter. Have any of you wonderful people seen a Valeo Wireless Vue on sale, and if not, is there anything else that can do the job?


Filed under:


Comments








No comments:

Post a Comment